Thursday, July 1, 2010

Jessica...Brandon...Andouille| Erin Rachel Photography

About 8 weeks ago I get a phone call and email from Jessica asking about
me doing an engagement session for her and her fiance, Brandon. They live in Metairie,
but love to come to his parents lake-house on their free weekends ...just
to get away from the hustle-and-bustle of life and relax! So they wanted their
session there...which is 15 minutes away from me!

We emailed back and forth several times nailing down a weekend that
we both could fit the session into our schedules!
We figured it out and in the meantime
we found each other on facebook...we started messaging
back and forth I found out she randomly found me on google.
We started chatting about outfits, she told me about their "baby" Andouille whom they adore,
I started learning more about their wedding plans,
I found out she works like crazy, Brandon is laid back, she is high-strung,
Brandon loves candy, they love Law and Order...They make a good team...and
I knew they would be fun, right away!

Saturday June 19th the clouds rolled in and the bottom fell out...literally I think we got
several inches within an hour. About the time I'm picking up
the phone to call Jessica, she is already calling me! She was worried about the weather...
I was too but was hoping it would pass!
She and Brandon were packing up and getting ready
to head out to the "country". We decided that we were confident it would pass
and we would still work with what we could and shoot for 5:00pm.

As I pull up to the lake-house it's still drizzling...I'm praying hard that it passes!
The sun was hidden behind the clouds- it was a yucky day.
Brandon and Jessica drive up a few minutes later and we meet for the first time!
He starts unpacking his truck, she and I are chatting away...she's got to finish
putting on her make-up and then they are ready! I meet Andouille and I know
it's going to be good, no matter what the weather is like!! haha

As we I am ooh-ing and ahh-ing over her ring...yes it's by far one of the
prettiest I've seen! No lie...Brandon gets two-thumbs up! Wow!
Then the next conversation goes something like this...
Brandon - "Jessica...we don't have any of our clothes."
Jessica- "Brandon you are joking...aren't you?"
Brandon- "NO!"
Jessica- "No you are joking..."
Brandon- "No"
Jessica- " I don't even know how to re-act, I have planned these outfits and pictures for 4 weeks! "

So to say the least we pretty much had to post-pone the session.
We figured out that since the next day being Sunday was also Father's Day and
I had church...the o.n.l.y. time we could fit this in was at 7am Sunday morning.
They agreed and said they would be ready!!!

Brandon was headed back to Metairie to pick up clothes and make-up bags!
Poor guy...

Sunday at 6:15am I am dressed...camera in one hand coffee in the other...ready to go.

I had a few extra minutes to spare and I decided that chocolate sprinkled doughnuts were the best and that they would make our session h.a.p.p.i.e.r. at 7am in the morning!!!
I think that was the best $7.00 I have spent in a long time!!!!!
Jessica was all worried...but if I'm not mistaken it ALWAYS works out right?
Sunday at 7am...
The weather was perfect...the lighting was to die for...she said her hair was better...
and she was in her cute outfits!

After two hours of fun filled times together...many laughs...cute outfits...fun times I am happy
to be able to share with you their e-session!
Like I said...it always works out for the good...I simply love what we captured between Jessica, Brandon and Andouille...
After 29 GB of images...1,110 images that I culled through, edited 300+ images,
text messages...and waiting patiently...I wish I could show you every single image but I can't...so you can see more {HERE}on the Slideshow...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This is by far one of my favorites from their session...
although seriously I have wayyyy too many favorites!
Thank you Jessica and Brandon for such an amazing session!
Congrats on your Wedding Day coming up!
Photobucket
Follow me on Facebook | Follow me on Twitter | 985.774.9815 | erin@erinrachelphotography.com

0 comments: